be_ixf;ym_201911 d_21; ct_50
#PayMyStudentLoans Contest
#PayMyStudentLoans Contest
We’ve consulted on over $16 billion in tax debt since 2007 - See what real people are saying about how we changed their life

Stay on Top of Things with Common IRS Tax Forms, All in One Place.

Break through the complexity of IRS forms by letting tax pros handle it for you.

A List of Common IRS Tax Forms for Businesses and Individuals

Form 1040, Individual Income Tax Return

The 1040 is your personal (not business) federal tax return. The 1040 tax return is due on Tax Day, on or around April 15. This form requires your taxpayer and dependent information, including income and exemptions. Individuals can apply for a six-month filing extension if needed, which pushes your due date to October 15.

Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

Form W-9 is a requested document used to confirm taxpayer identification number (TIN). The TIN is needed to file other IRS documents (e.g. Form 1099). This form is commonly used with contractor relationships and certain financial transactions.

Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate

Employees fill out Form W-4 for employers. The form includes request for personal information, claiming dependents, and tax withholdings or exemption. The withheld money from your paycheck goes directly to the IRS and is a factor in your annual refund.

Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement

The counterpart of W-4, the W-2 is for employers to report an employee’s tax situation (i.e. wages and withholdings from the previous year). Filed for federal and state taxes, the W-2 is required by employers to send to employees before January 31. If you haven’t received your W-2 or other tax forms, ask your employer or contact the IRS ASAP.

Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return

Form 941 is part of an employer’s quarterly tax obligation. As the name suggests, this form is due four times throughout the year. Employers must report income, Social Security, or Medicare tax withheld from employee paychecks. This form shows a business’s balance due or if they can get a refund from overpaid employment taxes.

Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request

The IRS allows taxpayers to request a payment plan with Form 9465 if your owed tax debt is unaffordable all at once. This form asks about your current tax situation, what you owe, and what you can pay per month. If you need help vetting your IRS tax debt relief options, call Tax Defense Network.

Form 8300, Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business

Form 8300 is used if you or your business receives a cash payment over $10,000 for one or multiple related transactions. Failing to file Form 8300 and providing a written statement to each party involved may result in a serious penalty. This is how the IRS helps to combat illegal laundering and tax evasion activity.

Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income

Form 1099-MISC is most often used in a business-contractor relationship for a payer to report payments ($600 or more) from the previous year. Rental income, royalties, or gaming profits may also require Form 1099-MISC. Employers issue a Form W-2 to employees, whereas a Form 1099-MISC is for non-employees (i.e. contractors).

Form 1099-C, Cancellation of Debt

Lenders and financial institutions file Form 1099-C for each person they have canceled, forgiven, or discharged an owed debt of $600 or more. The debtor must report this amount to the IRS as taxable income.

Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time

When April rolls around and you need more time to prepare your federal tax return, you can apply for an extension to file your taxes. This does NOT extend the date for any IRS payment due. Form 4868 is for individuals. If you’re a business requesting an extension, you’ll most likely use Form 7004.

Where to Find Tax Forms Online

You can find any tax form you need on the IRS website. Many tax returns can be filed online, so be sure to check the preferred method. The IRS site also includes disability-accessible versions of forms, prior years forms, and instructions for filling out any tax form. Use the IRS Forms, Instructions, & Publications Search tool to learn more about any tax document.

If you need help filing taxes or dealing with tax debt, call Tax Defense Network to get professional help. We work with the IRS on your behalf, making sure any tax situation is handled in a timely, compliant manner.

Secured By miniOrange